воскресенье, 24 августа 2014 г.

Karl Lagerfeld. ALL ABOUT FASHION RELATED PEOPLE.

Karl Lagerfield ( born Karl Otto Lagerfield, 10.09.1933 ) - is a German fashion designer, artist and photographer based in Paris. He is the head designer and creative director for the fashion house Chanel as well the Italian house Fendi, in addition to having his own label fashion house. Over the decades he was collaborated on a variety of fashion and art related projects. He is well recognized around the world for his trademark white hair, black glasses, and high strached collors.




Here are some Lagerfield quotes from his book:

I am a witnes. An egoistical member of the audience who's never tired of watching the world from the dress cicle. So much the better if the dress has a good view. I'm more comfortable there than on the stage. Because today the show is in the auditorium. Somethimes it's dreadful, but never boring. I'd like to live for another 120 years to see the world evolve.

I don't like being watched at all. If I am being watched, I leave because I'm playing a part 24 houra a day. Even to myself.

I build my own reality. I've created my own system that lets me sort out my life. I enjoy the luxury pf being at the centre of this complete universe that's mine.

For me, work is calm, cold, organized. I hate histeria.

I hate holidays! That's for people who always do the same thing in yhe same place. I spend my time running from Milan to Paris to New York I work 20 hours a day, on my own initiative. I'm the definition of the independent professional.

I'm arguing in favour of the 48-hours day. I can't manage with just 24 hours.

When I was very young, at the begining my bussiness was to work more than the others to show them their pointlessness.

I'm not a serious person. Things come to me that way. I work insinctively without asking myself a mountain of questions.

I know revenge is mean and horrible, but I see no reason why I shouldn't do something back if somebody has blone something bad to me. When people think it's all forgotten I pull the Chair aways - maybe 10 years later.

I've never smoked, never drunk, never taken drugs, but I don't tolerate sour - faced puritions and Calvinists. The opposite - I only like people who get high, who drink and smoke and do all the things I don't do. Some people are made to destroy themselves, and I addmire them,but I'm mode to survive. The survival instict is my most advanced instict, I only do the tharepeze with a safety net.

Where do I get my energy? EDF ( Envy, Desire and Forcefulness)

Phychcanalysis! First of all, it kills creativity. Secondly, if you are honest with yourself then you know all the quetion and answers. I don't need a phychoanalyst because I know the answers.

I never drink anything hot, I don't like hot drinks - very strange. I drink Diet Coke from the minute I get up to the minute I go to bed, and even on the middle of the night.

I never wanted to have children. Because if a child didn't do as well as me, I wouldn't have loved it, and if it did better then me I wouldn't have loved it either.

If I were a woman I'd Have a children but I'm not a woman so that's the end of that.

My childhood dream was not to be a child. I'd find it humiliating to be a child. Second class numan being.

I still have the furniture from my bedroom when I was a child. They are the only things I kept after my parents died. One day, when I'm a little old man, and I have shrunk, I will live with the sofa, the chest of drawers, the chairs, the table I used for writing and drawind... and I'll sleep  in my childhood bed.

I'm surrounded by young and beautiful people. I hate looking at ugliness.

I like to surroung myself with music, books and paper tp make sketches and to think about everything deeply. To brain wash myself and write letters. I never fell alone. For me, solitude is when you are old, sick, poor with no one around. But if you're quite well known and you have some money, that's the height of luxury. Ypu have to fight for it...

I don't like being anactor because my whole life is already a pantemime.

When I was younger I wanted to be a caricaturist. In the end I've become a caricature.

Every morning I have my little fifteen minutes of styling. I set up the puppet. It's a deep form of professional conditioning. 

I'm fine living by myself - it's the ultimate luxury.

I like the people who follow me in the street, who want photos with me, are very, very young. It's been my biggest success in life.

The personality I project to the media is a puppet. It's me pulling the strings. The most impostant thing is for the strings to be well tied.

People can say and write what they like about me, almost, because I work on the principle. Say what you like, as long as it's not true.

I prefer to see and interpret the world from my window. Then I travel to see if what is really there is a interesting as what is in my mind. 

I don't have any problems. It's my lifes miracle. There are no problems, just solutions - good or bad.

Today I live by myself. I always see myself next to me So there are always two of us, with one making fun of the other, who sees things clearly.

My life is science fiction. In anycase, the gap between what people think they know about my life and reality is a matter if science fiction. Reality is something else and it's much less fun.

People who tell all appal me.

Going for dinner in town is not my thing. Anyway, people don't ask me over, for fear. I'll judge them, perhaps.

I don't want friends for the bad days. I find it distastesful. I want friends for the good days. The rest I'll manage my own.

I have one instinct that is stronger then all the others the survival instinct.

I don't need to shop for food becaude I never eat.

Apart from sketching, talking and reading there's not much I can do. I mean, I know how to open a fridge, but I don't know how to cook.

When you hear designers complaining about the challenge of their proffesion, you have to say : don't get carried away - it's onlu dresses.

Trendy is the last before tacky.

In fashion you always have to break something to make it again, to love what you've hated and what you've loved.

Fashion is superfictial. You have to accept that's how it is if you decide to chose it as a profession.

I remember a designer who said her dresses were worn only by intelligent women. Naturally she went bankrupt.

I am like a caricature of myself. Like a mask. For me, the Carnival of Venice lasts all year.

I am in an endlessly bad mood with myself.

I am the king of the iPod!

I've been around for so long, prehistoric man can't compete.

I am present and absent at the same time.

I'm puritanical...but it doesn't show too much.

One is never underdressed or overdressed with a Little Black Dress or a Little Black Jacket.

Having style is about beibg at case with the life atound us. Because what's fun, in the end, is to be of one's time.

Summer clothes that are rumpled or relaxed drive me mad. I leathe "rumpledness", if I can put it that way. It's OK between the ages of 25 and 30, but unfourtunately after that it's dreadful. I hate people in the street who look like they've raided their grandchildren's wardrobe.
 
Jogging pants are a sign of defeat. You're lost control of your life, so you go out in jogging pants.

I'd like to have a nose with a bumo. It's very chic.

I worked out a lot before I was 20. I was hard underneath. I hard just a little padding. I was quilted. Always Chanel.

For me the height og luxury is to have an extra slice of toast. It's the most delicious thing in the world.

At my age I don't need to be a pack of sexy muscle, thank you very much. Now it's better to ask yourself what you look like dressed rather yhan undressed.

I've rediscovered all my musles and I could have a beach body, but it's not my role any more.

I want to be a chic coathanger.

I wanted to be a perfect coat hanger for slim-fitting clothes.

I think that for both women and men fashion in the healthiest motivation for losing weigh.

At Dior, or even at other houses, they've never altered so much as a button for me.

Buy clothes in the size you want ot wear. Get rid of the rest, give it away, and whem you have no more clothes I can guarantee that if you are a kilo overweigh, you'll make an effort. Because there's nothing more unpleasant than a pair of trousers that fit a bit too tighly.

I am like those bidets and sinks : Ideal Standart.

In France, they talk about the Ancient Regime. My regime isn't ancient, it's always up to date.

My only ambition in life is to wear size 30 jeans.

A diet is the only game where you win while you're losing.

No one wants to see curvy women uo there. You've got fat mother sitting in front of the television woth theur bags of chips and saying thin models are ugly. Fashion is about dreamsand illusions.

Models are thin yes, but they're not 'so' thin.

Yes, some people say to me 'you are too skiny". But a skinny person never says that to me, only people who could lose a few pound say yhat.

I have everything in my head. It's obvisioly better that way, because you can take everywhere.

Influence is something in the air. I'm like a TV serial.

I feed of everything. I'm a satellite dish that picks up everything, processes everything, and reconstitutes it.

I am my own computer, and I memorize everything I see. I have thous.

Whatever's in the air the time, my role is to propose, not impose; what women do after is up to them.

I like to undo in order to redo. That's my motor.

I don't read to talk about it - I hate intellectual conversesions. Just to know.

I have always read a lot and I still read a lot. But I don't like to flaunt or talk about it. If people think I'm stupid, superficial, I don't care. They think what they like.

I read up to twenty book at once.

Reading is the biggest luxury in my life, the thing that makes me happiest.

Books are my blood and my world. I've always understood passion for books and being obsessed by them. I know what thay can do to you. Storing them forever and enjoying there company is always reassuring.

I want to read everything, to see everything, to be informed. I am a paper addict, a paper freak, a paper - worm.

I love comtemporary art, but I don't want any at home. At home I want only books.

I have three jobs. Fashion, photography and books. They all inspire me.

In spite of my schedule, I'm always reading, driven by a permanent quity conscience that makes it even better. I live surronded by books. You'll see at my home, you'll understand how seriousitis.

For me, reading is a serious illness, a pathalogical obsession!

I'm a slave to my books!


HERE IS A LINK TO HIS SITE : http://www.karl.com/













Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий